Friday, January 9, 2009

Little Adults

Shaylen wanted so badly to help me yesterday. I was busy making a huge pot of potato soup and she offered to help cut up the veggies. Even though it made me very edgy, I allowed her to cut up the celery with one of my duller knives. She was ever so careful and did a wonderful job. It was cute to watch her chop off the end, set down the knife and pick up the small piece and place it in the measuring cup. In the time that it took me to chop up six cups of potatoes, one cup of carrots, and one cup of onions, she diligently filled her one cup with celery. What a good and faithful helper!

Marshall meanwhile was typing away at the computer. He loves typing big nonsense words, but loves making it appear that he is typing up letters and emails like Mommy and Daddy. I was able to download the font their curriculum is in so he can make his "emails" look like his school papers.

Speaking of school, we have successfully completed the 2nd quarter of school. I am so very thankful and pleased with the twins' hard work. I always think they are doing a great job, but when I look at the total number of points accumulated at the end of the quarter, I realize that they did do a good job! Of all the reading and evaluation papers that were to be recorded for the kids' Beginnings class (Reading, Phonics, etc.), Shaylen only missed one point and Marshall only missed two. If grades were given, they would both have gotten A's. Math & Bible are no different. It makes my heart so glad (and relieved!) to know that they are still eager to "go to school" and are excelling in their work.

2 comments:

js said...

Such big kids! I'm so proud of them!

Becbud said...

They are something else. I'm so excited that my 9 year old has conquered loading the dishwasher all by herself. But I agree...I would have been a little nervous about the chopping of the veggies! Isn't it wonderful to watch the school progress, too?