Monday, December 8, 2008

The 11th Annual Joos Psychedelic Cookie Decorating Marathon

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

We look forward to decorating our Sour Cream Cookies every year. Can you believe that Taigen and I have done this for 11 years?!?!?! It's a highlight of the season and now that Marshall and Shaylen can help, it's even more memorable. We did two batches to start off with. Taigen punched them all out and baked them. I edged them in white frosting after they had cooled. While those sat, Taigen made Chocolate Crinkle cookies (which I have never had. I can't wait to try one). Before dinner I was also able to make one batch of Grandma Rutledge's fudge and three batches of my grandmother's recipe of banana bread. Boy does the house smell wonderful.

After dinner, we cleared off the table and prepared for The Main Event! Taigen decided on several bright colors, but my favorite ones this year were "Aztec Blue" & "Lime Green!" Don't gasp...it's what makes them our fun Psychedelic Christmas cookies.

While the Christmas music played, we drizzled out the frosting, dumped on the sprinkles and made a glorious mess of the dining room. It was so much fun!

6 comments:

The Coffee Press said...

And thanks to Dad and Cathy for the tri-pod! We were able to get in a family shot this year!

Alicia said...

So fun - they're beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This looks likes like a nice project for Isaiah and me. I love to do projects on an individual basis with him.

Becbud said...

We made 1 batch on Saturday, but we need to make more before our church open house on Sunday. They are SO yummy. We didn't get too crazy on the 1st batch, but will possibly do that later. Thanks again for sharing your fantastic recipe!

The Coffee Press said...

You're so welcome. I'm glad you enjoy making them. They are so moist!

js said...

Sigh! I miss being able to join in on that fun! (I will NOT miss any fudge making that goes on however!) Maybe I can make some on my own...not that it would be anywhere near as fun! :(