A couple of weeks ago, Marshall and Shaylen's Sunday school teacher came up to me after the morning service and actually apologized that his family was going to be away for the kids' birthday. He asked if it was okay if he made the kids' birthday cakes. Now, if any of you have followed the blog, you have seen his creations before. Remember this? His is the castle. Mr. B said he was going to try to do an airplane for Marshall (that comes as no surprise to you, I'm sure!) and a flower for Shaylen. I wasn't going to argue as it would save me the time here at home. I couldn't believe it! How thoughtful.
On Wednesday night Mrs. B walked into the church office with a huge box. It was one, yes, one of the cakes. She lifted the lid and showed me Marshall's cake. It was spectacular! Then, Mr. B walked into church with the other box and showed me Shaylen's. It was unbelieveable. He did such a fabulous job. Can I tell you that this is not what he does for a living? This is a hobby! He also used no molds. Mrs. B told me that he drew a picture and then basically sculpted them. We were so grateful for this very sweet gesture. The kids were so excited to have these special cakes. It will be a wonderful memory for them.



No comments:
Post a Comment