We've not had a ton of activity lately at the bird feeder. Maybe someone else put out their bird feeder and so I am now competing with them for my feathered friends' attention. If we have had visitors, it has been birds that I've recognized from the past. Until today. This morning, I was blow drying my hair and noticed a bird hopping around on the ground hunting for food under all the leaves. I quickly grabbed my camera and snapped a few pictures.
Normally, I wouldn't have a clue what this bird was, but thanks to our friend, Danette Rogers, down in SC, we can now hunt for the information on our own.
She sent Marshall and Shaylen a book on birds by Roger Tory Peterson. We received it this afternoon and I've already been looking through it. Thank you Danette!After looking through the book, I think I'm fairly confident that the bird from this morning is an Eastern Towhee. You ornithologists out there correct me if I'm wrong.
1 comment:
Hi, Crystal
Love your blog of the Joos family - always entertaining and informative. Plus I love the pictures of Shaylen and Marshall. Any possibilities that you and Taigen will make it onto the "big screen" one day??
When you mentioned Danette Rogers, I thought I would write and tell you we met while I was in Greenville for Emilie's shower. She made 4 of the bridesmaids' dresses for the wedding. And she is altering my dress, also. I really enjoyed her!
Thanks for keeping us up to date - the Lord is so faithful in His dealing with us! Love, Linny
Post a Comment