On Taigen's "To-Do List" for today, he wrote, "Strip Wallpaper". We both thought it would be an all day job. Surprisingly, it only took about an hour and a half. While the kids listened to
White Fangs in a Black Hole and the Snow White soundtrack, we were able to completely finish stripping the wallpaper. It looks
so much better. Yes, it is bare, but paint can fix that easily!




5 comments:
I can't believe how much you are accomplishing in your home in such a short amount of time! We've been in our house a little over 3 years, and I still have wallpaper to strip, walls to paint, and some that were painted that already need freshening up a bit! Wanna come help? Or maybe I could just send my 4 kiddos your way so I could accomplish a few things!
We did this during Marshall and Shaylen's quiet time. That lasts 1 1/2 hours (or exactly two Classical Kids CD's.
I think the fact that Buddy is pastoring, holding a full time job, you're doing all YOU do and not to mention keeping the home with 4 kids has a small factor in it all. Hee hee It will come!
Thanks! Yes, I think I used to accomplish alot more before homeschooling 2 children on top off all the other ministry-related duties. You are right, it will come...eventually. I plan on picking up my paintbrush again as soon as this school year is over! I think it may also help that your hubby paints...mine can, but prefers to babysit instead. I don't mind, since I enjoy the quiet time and making something new and fresh again.
Guys, great job on getting the tedious wallpaper stripping done! I should be better at making "to do" lists...actually, i'm really good at MAKING the lists---it's the "DO" part that gets me...=o(
what was the name of the color you chose again? some sort of a beigey, champagney color, right? can't wait to see it!
thanks for the inspiration! =o)
Stripping off wallpaper can be rewarding! I gave personification to the house and said, "This house is sighing with relief to have this face-lift."
We are going with Benjamin Moore's "Shabby Chic". It is a light tan. If all goes as planned, the dining room will be a bit more formal with a darker tan "Dellwood Sand" on the top and "Deep Royal" (blue) on the bottom with a chair rail in the middle. But I'm getting ahead of myself...we have to paint the LR first!
Lyd, the "to-do" list will come. You have so much already on your plate!!! Not to mention five kids...
Post a Comment