Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Special Guests

This week at Heritage Baptist Church, we are having evangelistic services with Dr. and Mrs. Jerry Sivnksty. It has been a wonderful week so far and we've had a great turn-out of our folks.

Dr. and Mrs. Sivnksty came up yesterday and had lunch with us. It was such a special treat to have them in our home. Marshall and Shaylen were looking forward to spending time with them. It was cute to hear them pronounce their name! We had a great time sitting at our kitchen table just listening to his great stories, laughing & talking. What dear, dear folk and a great example for godly living.

Dr. Sivnksty has made up a song about dieting, running and walking that is just hilarious. I keep trying to convince him that he needs to sing it publicly but he refuses. I cannot tempt him to do it. He was however tempted to eat some monster cookies and drink a few cups of strong Starbucks coffee.

We were so thankful they made the trek up north to spend time with us.

On a side note: Many of you know Krista Brezonick Sivnksty, Dr.and Mrs. Sivnksty's daughter in law (she married their oldest son, Todd). I grew up with Krista in Colorado, and Taigen traveled with her on a BJU Musical Ministry team.

She has a new piano solo CD out that is just fabulous! It is entitled My Father's World. I'm not sure where all it is available, but I found it online here. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: