Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Benefits of a Long Drive

I hadn't thought of this before yesterday, but one of the many benefits of a forty-five minute drive is that you have forty-five minutes to look at the beautiful leaves of New England. There are no billboards in Maine to clutter the view and it's not like it is super populated with skyscrapers and homes. There are pretty much woods on either side of the interstate. I know that is hard for some of you to imagine! The only thing we saw last night were a few deer munching on the grass.

The leaves are reaching their peak here in the next couple of days and they are so rich with color! There are vibrant reds, greens, yellows, oranges, tans, and browns mixed with the evergreen trees. It is such a sight. There is nothing like it. The air is cool and crisp (perfect for baking apple pies), and yesterday evening there was a mist that had settled. It was picture perfect.

2 comments:

Tanya Chesebrough said...

You're making me miss home! I can't wait until we move back to New England!

The Coffee Press said...

Sorry...wish I could help ya! This morning (Saturday) is quiet and a bit foggy too. I always debate within myself as to which season is actually the best around here. Fall is definitely in the running.

Can't wait until you're in New England too.