Friday, October 12, 2007

Monster Cookies

When we got married, I learned early on that Taigen was a cookie monster. Sherry (my ever-wonderful mother in law), shared a recipe with me for Monster cookies. They are out of this world. Tonight we are having friends over for dessert and I made a batch of these to go with ice cream. I thought I would share the recipe with you since I know I have a few readers who love the peanut butter and chocolate combination.

You'll need:
6 eggs
2 cups sugar
4 tsp. soda
1 1/2 lbs peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 lb. margarine
1 box brown sugar
Mix these together and add:
3 tsp. cinnamon
9 cups quick oatmeal
M&M's

Use large cookie scoop and place on a cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 degrees for 12 minutes. I would tell you how many it makes, but I have yet to determine this accurately since I have a husband who loves to eat the dough (and now two munchkins too!). It makes a bunch. I usually fill up two gallon size Ziplocks and freeze those and still have some left on a plate to serve. Enjoy and thank my mother in law!

5 comments:

sa said...

Mmm. Yep, I'm one of those pb/choc lovin' people! Those cookies sound delicious. :) sa

Alicia said...

Hey, Crystal! It's so fun to see pictures of your family here and on Facebook. Your kids are so cute!

The Coffee Press said...

Alicia...so good to "see" you. Glad you found our family webpage. When I get a second...I'm going to take a looooong read and check out all of your info! I'm so glad that we've reconnected.

Becbud said...

I'm going to have to try this recipe for my cookie loving family!

The Coffee Press said...

Okay...but I'm warning you...they are addicting!