
The ongoing joke in our house is that men created the sports calendar in such a way so that there is some sort of major sport going on at any given time during the year. Even though Taigen doesn't watch a bunch of it, he still follows the scores. Just when basketball finals are wrapping up, major baseball is beginning. When baseball finishes, football begins. But what do I know? Not much. This is the woman who asked how many innings there were in baseball. (I still get razzed for it.)
But I'll tell you what I do know and this is REALLY interesting. My volleyball season is wrapping up! As opposed to last year (when we were in last place), we are in the top of our city league this year.
But I'll tell you what I do know and this is REALLY interesting. My volleyball season is wrapping up! As opposed to last year (when we were in last place), we are in the top of our city league this year.
Last night we started into our playoffs. It was a close game and they made us work for every point we got. I even got a hole in my new athletic pants! But even after last night, we are in first place. I'll have to keep you posted, since you'll be on the edge of your chairs just waiting for this big news.
Even though the scores aren't really that big of a deal to me (or to you probably), I am thankful for the opportunity this gives me to get out of the house and into the community. It gets me out of my comfort zone and interacting with ladies I would normally have never met. And, most importantly, it allows me to be a testimony for Jesus Christ. Priceless!
No comments:
Post a Comment