I have no idea how long we slept in today, but it sure felt good to get some sleep in our own bed. We had only unpacked the essentials, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. so we had three suitcases and two carry-ons to unpack today. The top item on our agenda though, was spending time with Marshall and Shaylen. While we had a lot to tell them, we knew they had a lot to tell us. They had done some really exciting things while we were gone. Hopefully in the coming days I'll be able to post some pictures from their activities as well.While we unpacked, the kids played with their new Playmobil things that the Sheltons had sent home with us. Like I said in my previous post, our suitcases had been completely destroyed by the journeys to and from Austria. There were big and tiny black pieces of the inner shell all over our living room, in our clothes and in the suitcases. It was a mess! I noticed a huge gash in the side of my suitcase and some of my things had gotten wet somehow. Other than these things, all of the items we brought back were unscathed. I was so thankful. Some of the breakable things we had carried on the plane, but we had still packed some.
Marshall and Shaylen had obviously had craft time with the Coopers and had made me a pink carry bag and Taigen a hand-painted tie. Taigen told the kids that he would wear it to church tonight. I promised to carry my Bible and notebook in mine.
Marshall and Shaylen loved looking at the little things we brought home for them and got really excited at the chocolate! European chocolate is a totally different flavor and very creamy, but it is delicious. Grace hoped that we would bring her chocolate chips from the states because she cannot get them over there. We had also taken her Kraft macaroni and cheese (the boxed kind that she LOVES), pepperoni, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and York Peppermint Patties. We brought home Bounty, Milka, Toblerone and Kinder! The Husdons had purchased Kinder chocolate eggs for the twins and Marshall and Shaylen were eager to see the prize that the inside held.
It was a wonderful day. I loved being able to hold my kiddos again, show them pictures and get settled back into our wonderful life here in New Hampshire. AND, as promised, when we went to church tonight, Taigen made sure to wear his special tie and I took my special hot pink Bible bag.


No comments:
Post a Comment