Friday, July 8, 2011

History In the Making - I Love the Internet

I love the internet. It makes things so much easier. I consider it a valuable tool to do so many things. I can quickly do research on something for homeschooling. I can read articles. I can look up recipes. I catch up on the news without commercials, sell old curriculum on eBay, talk on the phone with someone in New Zealand, Austria, South Africa, Afghanistan. I can send a message instantaneously. Okay, okay. You get my point, but I really could go on and on. Do you know what else? The internet also makes me into Super Answer Mom. Many times the kids come up with these, "Hey Mom! Why..." and often enough, I am able to look it up on the internet via Google and procure the answer...within seconds. Ah! I love the internet.

With the help of the internet, the kids were able to watch history in the making today. We were able to watch via a live video stream, the last shuttle launch. The kids and I watched Atlantis soar into space for the last time today and it was an awesome experience to share with them. They were so excited to count down with NASA. Who said you can't homeschool during the summer? We sure did, from the comfort of our kitchen and with a little help from our computer and the good ol' internet. It was awesome!


No comments: