On my way out to Seattle on Tuesday, I felt my head getting more and more stuffy. By the time I got off the plane in Seattle, I could tell that I had left my good health back in New England. I took my medicine like a good girl, but it didn't help a bit. Wednesday I was starting to go through the kleenex and that night at dinner my nose decided to bleed. (I never get bloody noses!) Thursday found me on the couch all day with watery eyes, sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose. I had two additional bloody noses this day to boot! My sweet mother in law kept me on the couch or in bed while she and Taigen worked, played with the kids and cleaned up after everything. I felt so badly, both because I was so sick and because I was on my duff the whole day. What a way to spend a vacation, eh? I'm thankful though that I had nothing to do and could take the time to rest and recouperate. I've become a huge fan of Theraflu (thanks Sherry!!!), hand sanitizer and Vicks-laden Puffs. They were my constant companions!
Here's a funny tidbit: On Friday morning I woke up and went downstairs with what I call "Demon Voice." It was the lowest that I could ever remember. I decided to see how low I could sing. I could hit the A not just below middle C, but the A an octave lower! Mama sang bass, eh?)

2 comments:
Awww, poor Cornito! I guess we weren't the only ones sick over Christmas. So sorry your vacation was spent on the couch with a tissue box!
LaCho, my bass-singin' pal! So sorry you were sick, but I must say your comment about the low A made me smile. :) -Space
Post a Comment