Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Program: Worship CHRIST the newborn KING

With countless hours put into practice and preparation, our church did its Christmas program Sunday morning, December 12th. We had a great turnout with 32 visitors. (Thanks go out to our church folks who invited, invited and invited!) That was incredible. We had tons of people involved: the 2's & 3's Sunday School class, strings, flutes, readers, children's choir, ladies' ensemble, adult choir, brass, pianists and organists, a soloist, our talented sound room guy, ushers and a terrific choir leader/pastor. Because everyone helps share the load, it isn't a huge "burden" if you will, on any one person. The result is a beautiful program that focuses our attention on the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ...in a (hopefully) stress-free manner.

Marshall and Shaylen did a great job with their children's choir. The group did two pieces alone and one with the adult choir. I had to get a snapshot of them from Sunday morning. We were unable to videotape it or snap up pictures because Taigen was leading the program and I was leading the children's choir. So sorry. You'll just have to trust me when I say they did a great job. I am so proud of them and their willingness to use their talents for ministry.

No comments: