They had a few wishes. I knew about them because the kids are doing journals this year in their Spelling class and an early entry focused on the topic of "birthdays." Shaylen made sure to make her requests early. She said,
Can I have balloons at my birthday? There's nothing better than balloons! Can I invite some friends over please?Marshall was a little more general. He said,
I would like to play outside with you! I will have a birthday cake. I will like it!Since their birthday fell on a Sunday, we decided to celebrate with a special Sunday lunch. At the twins' request I made Ravioli Lasagna with
Four Cheese Italian Sausage and fresh baby spinach instead of the squishy frozen kind. Taigen made his award-winning Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake. Our friends, the Bergerons, were also able to come over. Marshall and Shaylen love their kids and enjoy every moment with them. Taigen and I love the whole family too! This was the first time we've been able to have them all over here (aside from large church functions at our house like the Labor Day Picnic or Ladies' Meetings). There were balloons and presents and the kids got completely spoiled...as usual. We are so thankful for the seven wonderful years that God has given us with the best kids on earth. We are truly blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment