Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Marshall's Cowboy Compositions

During our Cowboy unit, we had various and sundry topics for the kids to write on. On this particular day (right), it was asked of them to write what they would like to do if they were a cowboy. I'm not sure where Marshall would get the ingredients for his cake, but it probably would have sounded really great on the trail.

On the left, here's a composition that asked the kids to write down what they would need if they were a cowboy. Marshall's says, "I would like to be a cowboy!! I would wear a hat and spurs and boots and chaps and a vest and a bandanna and a rope and sunglasses!" (Talk about a run-on sentence!) It sure is cute though.

This composition on the right was what Marshall envisioned the desert being like: Hot and dusty and it had to be in California for some reason.

Apparently, Marshall slacked off one day because he had a calf get out. THEN, he deliberately didn't fix the fence. Don't know if I'd want him as my cowpoke.

And let's just say that the cows got out of line. Marshall could always whip out (literally) his whip and whip them into shape. At least that's what he did with these cows.

And here's the last one in this set of cowboy compositions. It is one that I find particulary funny because of what Marshall said after he did this composition. Part of their introductory lesson talked about Itinerant Preachers in the old days that went from village to village and preached. It was an arduous job. Imagine trekking through rain, snow, sleet and hail for each church service...on horseback. Some people have trouble doing that in cars with heat and plush seats. Hmmmm. Marshall said that being a pastor was a tough job. I told him that it could be. He then said that being a mommy was not a hard job at all.

Nice. The kid has got a lot to learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are great! And Sienna is working on her cowgirl composition now. :) -Space