It's been a while since I posted anything regarding swimming. Marshall and Shaylen continue to love it! They took the Introduction to Swimming Class (Level I), passed into Level II, and have now started Level III. In this class they will begin to learn the basic crawl stroke and, I think, the beginning steps to diving. At this point they are doing a glorified doggie paddle (attempting to extend their arms out), but they are managing to stay afloat and propel themselves to the other side of the pool so I'm not complaining. The teacher has even had them jump into the deep, deep end, come up, and start swimming toward the edge. This was a huge step.
One of the head teachers said that if they did hand out awards or certificates (which they don't), Marshall and Shaylen would get a "Most Improved" award. She was impressed with how well they are doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment