I'm thinking about taking out stock in Puffs. Just so you know. I have a feeling that this weekend was the beginning of something really, really exciting. So exciting, that I'm hoping an event involving white, music, flowers, promises, cake, and Puffs will take place in the future.This weekend the Pileggis came up to stay. (Bear with me. They play an important part in this whole post.) While we know that we are not blood related, we might as well be because we are thisclose.
And even though we are thisclose, they really didn't come up to see us. They came up for An Important Event.Marshall and Shaylen play a crucial part too. They helped me get ready for our special guests by cleaning and making Valentine themed cookies for our dessert at lunch on Saturday. This is the first time I've ever made Valentine's Day cookies. I decided not to make them Psychedelic Valentine's Cookies because this Event warranted a little more, uh, shall we say, seriousness? classiness? thought?
(After all, not everything we do is crazy. We are normal, educated, mature people that make good impressions on new people. Especially people coming to THE event.)The kids were so helpful. They helped make the cookies (mostly by being Official Dough Testers), cut them out and then helped decorate them. They turned out beautifully!
I love having a house-full. I cannot believe how fast little Lily is growing! Enzo and Julia were such big, good eaters on Friday night and the kids played so very well all weekend. It was a wonderful time together. As full as our house was, people were still missing.Janelle was headed down for the weekend too. That's always special. All of us always look forward to times with Janelle. She is a dear, dear friend. Janelle plays a very important role in this blog story too. But not the most important. So, maybe I should say someone was missing. It was the most important player in the possible, probable, much hoped & prayed for Event.
It was a guy. Yup. A guy. Not just any guy, but a guy-friend. Dare I say "boyfriend?" Janelle was bringing a guy down to NH to meet all of us. All nine of us. And we were going to meet him.I must say, that we were all very impressed. He fit in like he has always been a part of our group. It was a great time. Marshall and Shaylen started bombarding him with puppets and stuffed animals and airplanes and drawings and...okay, they liked him. Jason and Joni liked him. Taigen and I liked him. Enzo and Julia liked him.
The only one that didn't express an opinion was Lily, but since she's only three months old, her opinion doesn't matter at this point. We played a few games and laughed extremely hard.And so, we come to my first point. I'm thinking that taking out stock in Puffs would be a great idea at this point. I have a feeling. It's one of those feelings that you want, but you don't want. One of those tug-at-your-heart-because-you're-so-happy-and-yet-so-sad feelings. I liked him. I really did. Only if I had liked him, really and truly liked him would I have given a thumbs up to one of my dearest friends.
Pass the Puffs please.
4 comments:
WHAT!!?? NO PICTURES OF THIS GUY???!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?????
Seriously, I'm so excited for them.
Oh Dear...Hold on. They aren't engaged, they are DATING. And we gave Janelle a thumbs up because we've always told her that if she wants to date anyone she "needs" our permission. Of course, she really doesn't, but we like to think we have that kind of clout. Bwa ha ha!
In your defense, I alluded to marriage in the entire post. Who knows if and when that would happen, but we sure liked him enough (and we think he really likes her too...). Soooooooo...
And to answer your questions, I didn't take a picture of them. If I get my hands on one that she has taken, I'll see if I can post it.
Hahaha! I have no words...
Thank goodness! I'm not the only one that was thinking along these lines!!!! So glad you guys all really liked him too :)
Post a Comment