Monday, February 15, 2010

Shaylen's Cowboy Compositions

I've got a bit of time today that I thought I would post some of Shaylen's Cowboy unit compositions. Sorry it has taken me so long!
On the left is her composition that mentioned California as well. Didn't realize that California was so popular for cowboys. Governators and overpriced real estate, yes, but cowboys? ANYway, whether it was too hot or too prickly, we might never know, but we do know that Shaylen didn't stay long.

This second picture was in addition to her composition of the day. She was to imagine herself as a horse. She was to describe what she looked like and what she would do. I loved her illustration on the back.

This third picture says:
I once was a cowboy and I was riding to the north. Suddenly, I kicked my horse with my spur because it had stopped. And I said, "Giddy up!" In a flash, the horse was on its way. I hung on and the horse went faster until we arrived. I was thirsty!

I'm thinking the horse was probably thirsty too.

My ultimate favorite composition from our cowboy unit was this one though. The kids were prompted to write their own "Wanted" or "Reward" poster. Shaylen decided to write up Daddy for doling out coffee cake for breakfast instead of Fiber Munchies or Shredded Straw. At least the carbohydrates helped her in school this day.

No comments: