Sunday morning we were delighted to see Matt & Jess Krupnek pop into our church for our morning services. Fortunately for them, they brought baby Gabe. If they hadn't they would have been in some serious HOT water with me. He is getting so big and is as cute as ever. The Krupneks were headed down to Boston to pick Janelle up from the airport at 1:30.
I had asked Taigen if there was any way we could possibly go after church to see Janelle, but he assured me that there was little time. Little did I know that there was a surprise up his sleeve...and the Krupneks'. I'm so oblivious. Even the Krupneks left church that morning promising that they would do their best to drive down with Janelle in the coming weeks so that we could all see her. See how sneaky my friends are? Either that or do I just have "clueless" written on my forehead?
I had asked Taigen if there was any way we could possibly go after church to see Janelle, but he assured me that there was little time. Little did I know that there was a surprise up his sleeve...and the Krupneks'. I'm so oblivious. Even the Krupneks left church that morning promising that they would do their best to drive down with Janelle in the coming weeks so that we could all see her. See how sneaky my friends are? Either that or do I just have "clueless" written on my forehead?
Sunday night after our busy (but good) day at church Taigen and I snuggled with the kids on the king-sized bed and planned out the next day. We had several things we needed to get done: grocery shopping and a haircut for Marshall to name two, but we also planned in lots of games, reading, a dinner filled with favorites and even homemade milkshakes. Sounded really good.Monday morning we woke up and Taigen encouraged me to take a nice long shower while he fed the kids breakfast. What a guy! (Yeah...he's scheming!)
When the doorbell rang shortly after I came downstairs, I told Taigen to answer it. I was in my sweatpants and my hair was still wet. When I didn't hear any salutations at the door nor any conversation, I peeked around the corner. What did I see? Janelle was walking in my door! I just about fainted with joy! She was here and standing behind her, beaming, was the sneaky Jessica Krupnek.
When the doorbell rang shortly after I came downstairs, I told Taigen to answer it. I was in my sweatpants and my hair was still wet. When I didn't hear any salutations at the door nor any conversation, I peeked around the corner. What did I see? Janelle was walking in my door! I just about fainted with joy! She was here and standing behind her, beaming, was the sneaky Jessica Krupnek.It was awesome seeing Janelle after almost a year. The kids just ate her up. It didn't take long for Janelle to settle back into her old spot, reading and telling the kids stories, loving them to pieces,
chasing after them and snuggling.
chasing after them and snuggling. I don't remember what was actually on the docket for Monday morning, but it got joyfully set aside for our special guests.
The afternoon & evening did hold lots of games, reading, a special dinner and then the long-awaited milkshakes, but I don't think anything topped having Janelle home.
1 comment:
Love you! BTW- you do NOT have clueless written on your forehead. I had to work very hard to surprise you. :D It was worth it though.
Post a Comment