If you sit back and think about the kids and their respective personalities, you can pretty much tell how they approached the day. Shaylen was up, dressed and ready to go very quickly. I call her my pop-tart. Marshall dragged himself out of bed and slowly accomplished what he needed to before breakfast. He's my slow riser.
They both were excited for school. That's the truth. However, Shaylen was eager to see and watch everything. She couldn't wait! She was up the stairs to the guest room and seated at her desk lickety-split! Marshall on the other hand fears change and/or unfamiliar situations. He crept up the stairs. He worried about what each new teacher would bring. Fortunately for him, he had two teachers this year that he also had from last year. That made the transition so much better for him. I watched his hesitation at the start of the new classes and then could see his shoulders relax when he realized the teachers weren't scary or out to get him.
I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be with the kids each day and watch them discover new things. It is a great privilege to be so involved in their little lives. Plus, I even got smooches from my students! Isn't that a nice perk? Can't wait to see what all the year holds.



2 comments:
Isaiah is starting Kindergarten on Sept 8 with Rosemary Cheeseborough at her house. He is so excited. I am in the process of getting some Abeka material together for him.
Can't wait to hear all about it. How exciting that Rosemary is going to teach him!!!
Post a Comment