Friday, June 5, 2009

Muchas Gracias to the Burrito!

Much to the relief of this blogger, I did not have to pull out my son's tooth. I encouraged Marshall to wiggle it as often as he could in hopes that his father would be readily available (i.e. with us 24/7 on vacation!) should any pulling have to take place. Just the thought of the tooth holding on for dear life by one teeny tiny edge of Marshall's gums and one of us having to yank it out makes my face cringe and a funny feeling to come over me. Am I alone in this utterly disgusting thought? Ew! Ew! Ew!

I would check in on Marshall often throughout the day to check on the progress of the tooth. Today when I looked at it, I didn't get my hopes up of it coming out. I actually wiggled it myself to see (aren't you proud of me?).

Before dinner I told Marshall that he should show our guests his wiggly tooth. He opened his mouth and wiggled it for me. He thought it was a good idea!

For dinner we had homemade Mexican burritos, complete with pork green chile. It was, as my Peruvian guest told us, "muy rico!" We love this meal. The kids do to. This was made apparent by two things: their polished plates and, much to my dismay, a missing tooth!

Marshall and Shaylen ate their dinner and dessert and got up to play. When Marshall bounded around the corner at one point to tell me something, he made some huge facial expression and I noticed it. The tooth was gone. I said, "Marshall, let me see your mouth." I looked. There was now a gap where the baby tooth had been.

We looked everywhere. Upstairs, downstairs, on the cream carpet in our living room (yeah...try looking for a tooth in that!), but we've come to the conclusion that it came out while Marshall was eating his burrito. In his haste to swallow the good Mexican food, he swallowed the tooth too. (Boy did I luck out!)

Marshall is a dollar richer (though maybe he would've gotten more if Mrs. Turner had pulled it...we may never know) and I am breathing a sigh of relief. I'm thinking this "Lost in the Food" business is pretty good. He has that second loose tooth...I better plan the menu accordingly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Marsh-Man! ;o)

js said...

Oh, you were VERY lucky. Prepare yourself...you have a few more teeth to go.

Jason Pileggi said...

Congrats to Marshall on this landmark achievement! I wanted to comment on something else however - I must say that the bit over in the sidebar about octopi eating their own arms almost made me dry heave. So, thanks for that.
See you soon!!