Saturday, June 20, 2009

Java at the Jooses

Today we had the first of our summer ladies' fellowships in our home. Instead of the "Moms and Muffins" theme like last year, I decided to go with a more user friendly title of "Java at the Jooses." It seemed like last year I was always explaining away that really, honestly, any lady could come. "If you are a mom, know a mom or have a mom..." The title had to go.

We had a wonderful time together gathered in our living room. I played a trick and made the ladies participate in a game (involving clothespins) where they couldn't say the word "like." It proved to be quite entertaining, especially for those of us who have grown up throwing the word around all too freely. You will not be surprised when I tell you that the lady who won is a great-grandma!

The ladies were excited to see the Mocha Punch (thank you Renee Wright!) in the punch bowl. It's become a summer tradition. One lady even asked me on Wednesday if there was going to be the "coffee stuff." I knew exactly what she meant.

I love using the glass plates with matching cups that I acquired from a dear friend in the San Diego area (Cheri Rohrer). The box of dishes were carted around the entire West coast while we were out on tour with our BJU ministry team. She graciously gave them to me knowing that I was headed into the ministry and would be entertaining. I cannot tell you how many times I've used those dishes! What's interesting too is that I have similar glass cups that go with a punch bowl that was my mom's. The punch bowl (for the mocha punch) is also used frequently. (Thanks Mom!) It sat in her garage for years and was never used. It was even put in a garage sale once but never sold...thankfully. So glad she handed it down to me. It makes a pretty edition to the counter and holds that all-important punch perfectly.

No comments: