Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Couple With Obvious Issues

It's sobering, but they must have been on the outs with each other. We had never seen them together. They each came to our home on separate occasions. Maybe they needed some counseling. (I happen to know a great pastor who would be willing to sit down with them and talk.) However, they must have been able to put aside their problems because we finally saw Mr. & Mrs. Brown Headed Cowbird together at our feeders this week.

(Note: I snapped the best shot of Mrs. Cowbird earlier this week. She tends to sit at the feeder with her backside facing me. Her husband finally showed his face on Sunday, not too far away from his lovely wife...It's about time.)

1 comment:

Dovey said...

I'm getting better, Crystal! We also have brown-headed cowbirds and we even had a Redwing Blackbird display his beauty for us on several occasions. Usually, just typical robins and sparrows and starlings. Thanks for all your encouragement to keep persevering in recognition! :-)