Friday, February 20, 2009

Mama Is A Crook

I posted last week that the kids and I went and picked up some small things to give to Taigen as a Valentine's gift. One of those items was a bag of M&M's. The kids and I wanted Taigen to be able to fill the M&M dispenser in his office.

When we were at Wal-Mart and picking out which kind of M&M's to buy, Marshall asked if they were on sale (Good boy! I've trained him right!). I told him "no" but that it was okay this time since it was for something special and they didn't cost that much. He said, "But won't the police put you in jail?" I quickly, and obviously inadequately, explained to him that just because they aren't on sale doesn't mean we cannot buy them. I reassured him that I would pay for them and then forgot all about the conversation.

Fast forward. It's been seven days since we purchased them and Marshall was obviously still concerned about the purchase. Today at lunch he asked me, "When are the police going to come and get us because the M&M's weren't on sale?" Poor kid! He's been thinking all this time that we weren't supposed to buy them! I had to launch into a lengthy discussion on the difference between full price vs. sale price and "for sale" vs. "on sale." I don't know how much soaked into his cute little head, but hopefully he won't think evil of his mama anymore. Who can blame the little guy for worrying when Mommy and Daddy have said, "No, we can't buy that right now. Maybe we can when it's on sale." Oh boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a good thing that I am getting rid of the evidence, then. - the non-blogging husband.

js said...

Ahahahahahahahahaha! That is hilarious! :) Some pastor's wife you are...

Unknown said...

That was such a funny story! You'll have to remember that one for when he's older. Too funny.