Monday, February 9, 2009

As Promised...

As promised last week, I took pictures today of the kids after they had learned about the Statue of Liberty. Their unit is focusing on America and today they were learning about American symbols. They had so much fun making their crown and torch. Marshall was even able to regurgitate a bit of the lesson and tell Taigen that the Statue of Liberty was in "Yew Nork City!" (They always have had difficulty saying that one.)

I also got these cute shots yesterday of Shaylen in her snowman outfit. I cannot recall who handed this one down to her, but I'm wondering if it was maybe Renee from one of her girls? Anyone know? She looked like a million bucks on Sunday, especially with those piggy tails.

Lastly, here is cute shot of Marshall from today. He decided to build a wall out of all of his stuffed dogs (and Curious George) spanning from his dresser to the bed. You cannot imagine the hours of fun our kids get from all of their stuffed animals, and I honestly mean all of them. Each and every one of those animals hold services, go hang gliding, go to school, sing, build homes and often assume the personalities of Anne Shirley, Gilbert Blythe, Mr. Phillips (the school teacher), Marilla, Matthew and Mrs. Lynde! With imaginations like these, who needs TV?

Today is the first Monday in a while that Taigen has not worked on a household project. That is, unless you count vacuuming. We just got our vacuum back from the Vacuum Doctor and our house needed it! Taigen decided to get that done while I was in school with the kids. Wasn't that nice?

We're supposed to get up to the 50's this week! What a change that will be! Hopefully that will mean outside time and lots more pictures of two cuties.

1 comment:

js said...

Love the pictures...stinkin' cute! :)