I mentioned in a
previous post about Taigen prepping the walls for the kids' bathroom getting painted. Waaaay back when, their bathroom had a brown and black color scheme. The wallpaper border was old and had been slowly peeling away. It looked terrible. Remember me mentioning it? I posted pictures about it
here. We had done a makeshift makeover with a promise to revisit it in the future. This week, we finally got around to it.
This past week we slowly worked on the bathroom. On Monday, Taigen stripped the wallpaper, re-caulked the tub and vanity, and painted the top half white. It really cleaned it up!

On Thursday, Taigen continued with the project and painted the bottom half turquoise to match the turquoise in the shower curtain. I had an idea in my head of how I wanted the bathroom to look and he is so patient with me to let me experiment. I was hoping to continue the "water theme" from the shower curtain. I had found a remnant piece of material at JoAnn Fabrics and decided that it was the right shade of dark turquoise to match the rick-rack in the shower curtain. The fabric made a great tab curtain and I added some bright yellow rick-rack to pull in some of the other colors from the shower curtain.
I pulled out my Creative Memories border cutting pattern which had a wavy edge to it and basically traced on the wall with a pencil. I then went back with a brush and painted the edge of the waves while Taigen did the rest of the wall.


Last night Taigen finished the second coat of paint and today I went back and added the foam and glints on the water and added bubbles. I freehanded the crests on the waves and foam and just used an old watercolor paintbrush and a rag. For the bubbles, I used my Creative Memories circle patterns and lightly traced different size circles on the wall and then painted over it
very carefully!


The curtain looks dark blue in the picture, but I promise it is a dark turquoise. I was happy with how it all turned out! Janelle is here and I was thankful to get her approval on the overall bathroom. It's one thing to be pleased with it yourself, but to get an honest approval from your hubby, your friend and two munchkins really means something!
3 comments:
It's adorable! Very creative! I'll be doing lots of mudding/sanding/painting of new sheet rock in the girls room over the next week or two, so check our blog to see how I do!
I have four words: You are a PUKE! :-) Every time a project pops into your head it turns out beautifully. The room looks absolutely adorable and I can see why everyone loves it. But I still say "You are a PUKE" (and I wish I were a PUKE too.)
Stephanie
I love it...no more to say, except that you are very creative and did an awesome job on the curtain.
Post a Comment