The itsy bitsy spider crawled to the kitchen floor.Up the basement stairs and out the basement door.
Marshall took a stool and squished him very flat.
And the itsy bitsy spider made a great big splat.
Many of you know that Marshall is terrified of bugs. If there is a bug in the room, he's going to notice it and make a fuss. So, no matter what type of bug that is, I have to remain unaffected and say things like "It's okay!" or "Oh, cool!" or calmly say, "Well, why don't you get a piece of toilet paper and squish it?" This way, hopefully we can help him overcome his fear. Apparently, it might be working.
Today a spider decided to make it's presence known and believe it or not, Marshall decided to conquer the foe with the stool leg. Whew. We all know I didn't want to touch it. He's my hero.
6 comments:
Love the poem! :)
Way to go Marsh-man!
Congratulations Marshall on killing the spider for Mama! What a big boy you are...and soooo strong.
Jared says: Good job Marsh man!
Thanks! Believe it or not, I made the song up to the existing melody on the spot with Shaylen listening in. She said, "Mommy, what was that?!" I threw back my head and laughed.
Jared, I'll pass on the information to Marshall. Maybe it will encourage him in future squishing endeavors. Hee hee
Are we supposed to be surprised that you came up with that on the spot? I'm not! :) That makes it all the more funny though. I can hear Shaylen saying that and I can see her cute little "Huh?" face! Hehe!
Surprised, no. It explains the corny-ness of it. Hee hee. I know, I know...I'm always pestering you with my ballads! You keep coming back though.
Cute :)
Vickie
Post a Comment