Thursday, May 8, 2008

More on Our Mystery Bird and New Feathered Friends

I asked a friend from church (who also has a bird book) about the mystery bird in the previous post. She seems to think it is a Tufted Titmouse, but as she said, "Maybe he/she was having a bad hair day and his tuft was matted!"

He showed up again today and the pictures show a bit more of a tuft. They do look very similar! It's very puzzling!If you read my article from this morning, you know that I mentioned that I have seen blue jays on my morning walk. I had hoped that they would come to our yard soon. Well, not only did I get one today, I got six! There were at least six in our yard this afternoon eating the leftovers on the ground. I'm so excited!Just in case you think all I do is sit and watch birds, it is NOT true. I usually grab the camera when I hear a bunch of birds outside. You should hear them singing! They make quite the racket. It's obvious the birds love the woods behind our house and the seed in the feeder.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Yeah, that's definitely a titmouse, but his somewhat missing tuft is kind of funny. :^)

The Coffee Press said...

Do you think the one in the previous post is a Titmouse too then? The one from today seemed more definite!

Anonymous said...

Steve also thinks they are both tufted titmouse. He and I think maybe an immature one? Maybe his tuft will grow. :-)

Stephanie

The Coffee Press said...

Maybe he was slicking it down for his female friends!