Thursday, February 7, 2008

Airheadedness Has It's Advantages

Sometimes I can be a bit airheaded. We won't digress on that subject. Due to my airheadedness, I wrote down that Joni's birthday was January 29th. (It's actually February 28th...don't ask me how I got the date wrong...I have no clue. Does that make me clueless as well?)

Taigen and I decided that it would be a wonderful birthday treat for me to travel down to Massachusetts and spend a chunk of the day with her. I called the day before and said, "What are you doing tomorrow? I know it's your birthday and all, but..."

"Well, (long pause) nothing."
"Would you mind if I came to visit?"
"No! But (long pause) you know it's not my birthday!"

We went down anyway and had a wonderful time together. Shaylen wanted to hold Julia this time (so we got several dozen pictures of that). We got to play short games of softball, soccer and football in their living room, and I even pretended to be Enzo's horse. (May I say that Joni's tile floor is VERY rough on the knees?)

It was too short a visit, but it was chatting face to face instead of email or the phone and letting our kids play together. It was worth it!

3 comments:

Cherith said...

I like Marshall's "Dean of Women" hat :)

The Coffee Press said...

Cherith,

I hadn't even thought of that. That makes it even more hilarious!!!

I've been over to see your blog. I'm enjoying the pictures immensely!

Janelle said...

I find this especially funny since I am usually the one that is an airhead when it come to birthdays. Though I am always late, never a month early. :)