Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Teddy Bear Picnic

On Saturday, Shaylen and I drove down to Dover for the annual Teddy Bear Picnic. A family in our church plans, organizes and funds this every year and delights in having this special time for the little girls in our church. We had a wonderful time. We started off with pictures and then story time (which I did). I brought Blueberries for Sal, You're All My Favorites, Corduroy and many others that I didn't even get a chance to read. All of my books had a bear in them or were about bears. The girls sat so still and listened so well. So did the adults! Then we went and had our picnic. Because the weather was hot and humid, we ended up having our picnic indoors with central air, but the girls didn't mind. There were games and coloring and snack and Shaylen took it all in. The best part was when each girl "won" her very own bear.

I thoroughly enjoyed spending the one-on-one time with Shaylen and she talked about it the whole way home.

No comments: