Saturday, September 22, 2007

Little Mimickers

It amazes us how much Marshall and Shaylen pick up from what we say. Of course, it shouldn't surprise us, but it does when you hear yourself through a 3 1/2 year old. Here are a few new quotes that we've heard coming out of their mouths lately:

"Let's see what we have time for."--Shaylen
(This was in response to Marshall asking me if we could read before naps. Obviously, Shaylen answered for me.)

"I have no idea!" --Marshall
(I had asked Marshall where something was.)

"That isn't a good idea." --Shaylen
(Marshall was going to play with something at the table.)

"Our church is in Dover, New Hampshire"...long pause..."Dover Baptist Church."--Marshall
(It isn't "Dover Baptist Church" and we corrected him that it is Heritage Baptist Church, but the fact that he put that together amazes us.

"Marshall, look at my eyes." --Shaylen
(This quote is straight from my mouth. I say it all the time. I want them to look at me when I am talking to them. We were riding in the van and Shaylen was trying to ask Marshall something. He was looking out the window. That prompted the mothering from Shaylen.)

2 comments:

Becbud said...

I love it! My daughter gave me some wordy idea to blog about this week too.

js said...

My favorite has to be "I have no idea." :)