Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Brass from the Back Row

We have thoroughly enjoyed having Dr. Dan Turner and Dr. Bruce Cox in our home. It brings back those great times in college.

Marshall and Shaylen have talked and talked about them today and will most likely talk about them all day tomorrow.

Sooo, Dr. Cox was looking at our blog and noticed my stab at brass players at the end of the most recent post. I had implied that brass is loud. I know, I know...shocking. However, I will let you know that tonight's service was more than pleasant to the ears and even better for our souls. It was beautiful. The Foundation Brass did a really spectacular job of playing, but more importantly, a great job of directing our thoughts to the message of the songs that they were playing.

(On a side note...I do have to tell you, we were on the back row, but not because of the brass. The back row was in case we had volume issues...with our children. Marshall and Shaylen were able to come in and listen with us and we didn't need to budge. They were inthralled.)

If you would like to listen to excerpts of the Foundation Brass OR order one of their many CD's, click here.

No comments: