This year was no exception. The house was cleaned after the teen activity, the pop was iced, the burgers, hot dogs & buns were ready to consume. We had about 65 people descend on the house! We've never had a turnout this big. Our kitchen island was covered with mouth-watering side dishes or salads. The weather was perfect.
The only negative thing I have to say about the day is that Shaylen wasn't feeling good. She was fighting a fever. Her greatest desire was to be able to attend Sunday School the next day. The twins would be moving up to the next class ("The Big Kid Class") of 4th-6th graders. She was so excited. In hopes of being able to allow her to go, she stayed in our bedroom with a stack of Nancy Drews the whole day. We certainly missed her.
Unbeknownst to us, the church had gone and made a HUGE personalized card & everyone had signed it. Mr. Bishop had made a beautiful cake in the shape of a Bible. The church was wanting to thank us for 5 years of ministry! The 5 year "Pastorversary" (as I called it) had come and gone on Sunday, August 26th. Taigen and I had noted the day and were thankful for the 5 wonderful years. So we weren't expecting this at all! John Pileggi (one of our deacons) gave a wonderful speech (wish I could've recorded it), thanked us for serving at Heritage, presented the card, and then the cake. Wasn't that so sweet? I'm getting goosebumps just reliving it in my mind. We are so thankful to be at Heritage. God has richly blessed us with sweet friends and godly co-workers in the ministry. We're excited for what God has ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment