Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ahhh! Blessed Vacation!

We got up on Tuesday morning  O'Dark Thirty (i.e. 2:00am). Technically, I never went to bed. I knew that I had lots to do to get ready to go, therefore putting me to bed late, then I also knew my mind would be running a thousand miles a minute and wouldn't be able to turn off in time to get some sleep. I would have to get up and get ready too, so I just figured, I might as well stay up that way I don't have to get ready, redo my hair or anything. It saved time, but boy howdy was I exhausted today.

We took the bus down to Boston. This is such a blessing. C&J isn't far from our house and they allow for you to park for free, so this is a no-brainer. Any day I don't have to navigate through Boston is a good day.

Southwest had some great prices for the flights out to Seattle. This was our first time flying with them and I really hope it won't be our last. There was plenty of legroom and the snarky, hilarious comments were really and truly funny.

We got in to Seattle, got picked up by the Awesome Uncle Ralph and went to Grandma's. I cannot tell you how good it was to sit on Grandma's couch, get a Grandma hug and hear Grandma's voice...in person. Aunt Karen (always thin and beautiful) was there too with Ralph & Karen's grandson Elias. He immediately fell to playing with the kids. I love it. He calls Marshall "my boy."

I sat in Grandma's comfy cozy chair and ottoman and tried to get some sleep, but the living room just wasn't the place for that. I decided to go and lay down on Grandma's bed. Shaylen came too and we both fell asleep for a nice long nap.

Vacation has begun.

No comments: