It was a rainy day on Friday, so we weren't able to really do anything outside like mini-golf, or hiking or anything. At breakfast (which was a plethora of options at the Hampton Inn in Ellsworth), we decided to ask the very friendly staff member who was attending to the breakfast feast. She was a grandma, we found out, and knew of several options for us in the area. One of the places she recommended was The Maine Jump in Bangor. This proved to be an excellent option that Marshall and Shaylen loved. They ended up hot and sweaty! It was basically a warehouse-sized room full of bouncy houses, bouncy slides, and air-filled mazes.
We had to make our way back to home. I was speaking at a ladies' banquet in Scarborough that night and I wanted time to be able to fix my hair (again), and collect my thoughts. I was taking Shaylen with me and I would need to spruce her up too.
Shaylen and I had a great time with the ladies of Cornerstone Baptist Church. They had a packed house. One thing I loved about their theme "Renewing Your Focus" was their photo booth set-up (hats, moustaches, funky glasses, etc.). I wish we had done this when this had been our theme. It was so clever. The teens, girls, and even some of the ladies' had a blast with this. I always enjoy the opportunity to come back and spend time with these dear ladies and this banquet was no exception.



No comments:
Post a Comment