Monday, May 7, 2012

Last Staycation Day: Chucksters

We've passed it a gazillion times in our treks to and from Concord. Each time, we looked longingly at it saying that we "would love to take the kids there someday." Well, "someday" finally arrived and we took the kids to Chucksters. Chucksters is a family fun place that has go-carts, batting cages, putt putt golf (or miniature golf...however you say it in your neck of the woods), climbing walls, bouncy thingys (I don't know what else to call it), and water-spraying basketball games. It's a lot of fun. We saved and were able to take the kids on Monday.
 
We started off with a round of golf. The course was really fantastic and the kids did very well.  Taigen beat us (he usually does), but we didn't hold it against him. The kids then tried their hand at the bouncy thingy. They got all strapped in and took off. It was hilarious to watch them bounce in this contraption!

The go-carts proved to be a hilarious option. Because you sit low to the ground and are out in the open, it seems like you're going super fast. I think this planted The Driving Bug into Marshall because he's been talking & asking about driving ever since. He cannot wait now to get his driver's license. (Eeeek!) I couldn't get any pictures of the go-carts because we all went together, racing furiously around the track. (Let the record show that the cart I was driving always won. Ha ha!)
We came back and got something to drink and then headed over to the batting cages. I stayed out and took pictures since baseball has never been my thing. I remember a church picnic up in Portland, ME where I couldn't even hit the wiffle ball.  Sad, I know. The kids obviously get their father's genes when it comes to baseball, because they did pretty well!

After the batting cages, the kids did the jump thing again and we finished with another race on the go-cart track. We enjoyed making memories this day.

No comments: