Thursday, December 22, 2011

Grammie's & Grampie's Place

Every year now for four years we've been heading over to an assisted living place to do a Christmas concert for them. The first year year we did it with one other church family, the second year we added another family. We joined with them our third year and did it again. Our fourth year we were able to rope in another musical couple to put together an hour-long program for the residents. It's a great conglomeration of piano, brass, strings, vocal and Scripture reading. The residents love it. In fact, I had a lady come up to me and say that she's looked forward to our coming every year since the first year. She mentioned how she remembered me holding Shaylen and singing a duet the first year because Marshall was too scared to get up and sing. Now that's a memory! I was so impressed by her recall of such detail. It's such a blessing to be able to bring some joy to these dear people and in return, I think, receive the greater blessing.
M&S in front of the fireplace at the assisted living residence.

No comments: