Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Castlehoffs

Do you remember the puppets the Marshall and Shaylen got for their birthday? They were a huge hit and continue to be. The entertainment the kids have gotten from these puppets has been well worth the price that was paid for them by the gift-givers. Their names are King & Queen Castlehoff (bestowed upon them by Melissa and Doug) and they have become a part of our family.

Marshall and Shaylen's friend, Michelle, also has several Melissa and Doug hand puppets and she has shown what fun it is to take them on a car ride, roll down the windows, and have the puppets interact with those stopped at the stoplights with them. It's hilarious to watch people's reactions. They'll talk to them, wave to them or laugh with them! Of course, Marshall and Shaylen have picked up on that and now ask frequently if they can take their puppets with them when we drive somewhere. They hope for red lights! Those puppets provide so much entertainment wherever they go.

That being said, I got a whole lot more than I bargained for when I volunteered to play Go Fish with Marshall and Shaylen the other day. I wasn't prepared to have to play the King and Queen. It took f-o-r-e-v-e-r, but it was hilarious to watch.