Sunday, June 27, 2010

Reading Contest - Check-In #4

Well, it's week 4 and Marshall and Shaylen are still reading strong. Marshall is currently in 4th place with 448 links (29 books) and Shaylen is in a close 2nd with 1125 links (37 books). The little boy she is chasing had 1138 links this week. She's hot on his heels! I'm thankful for the competition. It encourages them to read (especially my little competitive Peanut).

I also signed the kids up with our local library this week for their summer reading program. I wasn't planning on doing that, but when the librarian asked me if I had signed them up, I asked what was required of them.

She said, "They just need to read 6 books."

"Six each week?" I asked.

"No. Six for the summer."

No problem. Might as well kill two birds with one stone...or a hundred or so books.

I love these pictures of Shaylen totally engrossed in her book. She had been reading it out loud to me, but when I had to take a break to do something, she couldn't wait to find out what happened. I love it so much that the twins love to read.

No comments: