Thursday, April 29, 2010

What Are Little Boys Made Of? Frog Eggs & Pond Scum

On Sunday, Renee brought over the frog eggs that we...well, SHE had gathered on our expedition last Monday. She had gotten enough to split between Marshall & Shaylen and her daughter Julia, but she needed to get another large jar so she could separate them.

So, we currently have a few dozen baby frogs sitting on our counter. Appetizing, don't you think? Aren't you eager right now to come over for supper? Tee hee!

It'll be fun to watch them progress, but equally fun to take a walk down the road to our little stream, set them free to go off on their own into the great big world. Does that mean we'll have Empty Jar Syndrome?

Marshall, Shaylen and I have enjoyed taking a peek at them every day. Here's hoping I don't accidentally kill them.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I've wondered, do you need anything more than the water that they were in?

The Coffee Press said...

I asked Renee (the lady that fished them out for the kids) and she said, "No." I guess we'll see then, won't we? :)