Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Children's Choirs

For those of you who don't know, I rehearse two (small) separate children's choirs on Wednesday nights at our church. They have classes going on, but I come in during half of those classes and have a music time with them. I do the youngest group (4yrs. through 1st grade) first from 7 until 7:30 and then the "big kids" (2nd-6th graders) from 7:30 until 8. They are wonderful kids and a joy to be with.

The past two months or so I've been rehearsing a piece with them with the intent of combining them to sing during April. Marshall and Shaylen have known for a while that they would get to sing this particular piece with the "big kids" and were very excited.

I'm looking forward to adding them to my choir next year when they bump up into 2nd grade. I'll be gaining three (Marshall, Shaylen and their friend Julia) and losing two to junior high.

It is such a blessing to work with children in this capacity.

No comments: