Thursday, April 29, 2010

Made With Love

I don't know how much time Grandma Cathy's sewing machine was out before she had grandkids, but it's certainly getting some use now! A few years back she made Marshall and Shaylen some pajamas and blankets (along with the other grandkids). This past Christmas she bought Shaylen a beautiful doll and then proceeded to outfit the doll (whom Shaylen has named "Baby Shaylen") with some gorgeous clothes complete with buttons that belonged to my Grandma LeDoux. These are things that I treasure already and even though Shaylen loves the doll and doll clothes, I hope the more she matures, the more she'll appreciate each detail.

Cathy decided to be brave & industrious and branch out into big doll clothes, Shaylen-sized doll clothes. After all, Shaylen is quite a doll (or at least the grandparents and I think so). It took her no time at all to whip up this pretty dress. Shaylen was excited to wear it last night to church. It looked so beautiful on her too! I want you to notice one special thing about it though. See those bright burgundy buttons on the front? Those were my Grandma LeDoux's buttons. I'm so excited that Shaylen can wear her Great-Grandma's things and look at pictures and remember her too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful heirloom on a beautiful little girl. Grandma Cathy is so wonderful to make this for you, Boo!