Knowing that the tail-end of our week was going to be busy, I tried to accomplish as much as possible within the first half. On Wednesday, I made a coffee cake and ginormous batch of cookie dough to bake later on when I would have the time.When we went to bed that night, I was telling Taigen about my day and mentioned that I had made cookie dough. He said, "I know."
"You do? You mean, you discovered it already in the fridge?"
"I did."
I probed, "Did you eat any?"
Taigen looked sheepish. "I did. It's really good."
We laughed about it and went to bed. As I lay there, I plotted against him. I thought up a scenario and decided to play an itty bitty trick on Taigen in the morning. But first, I was going to try it out on the kids to see how they fell for it.
At breakfast the next morning, I threw on my acting skills and story-telling eyes and said to the kids, "I found out that we have a mouse in the house!"
"We do?" Their eyes were huge.
"Yes. I don't know how he did it, but he got into the house, opened the fridge and got into Mama's cookie dough. You want to see?"
"Yeeeeessss!"
I opened the fridge and peeled back the lid of the Rubbermaid container. There were the evidences from Taigen's little escapade the night before.
"Whoooooaaaa!" They believed it. Shaylen looked a little skeptical, but laughed when I told her that, no, indeed it had been Daddy. BUT, maybe, just maybe, Taigen would fall for it. After all, we have had some mice issues this past winter, but only in the garage and basement. So I sent him a brief email from my iTouch.
Subject: Mouse
"We have another one somewhere in the house."
TJ's quick reply: "Where did you see the evidence?" Tee hee! He fell for it!!!
CJ Reply: "I don't know how he got in, but I could tell he ate some cookie dough. At least he has good tastes!"
3 comments:
We share similar mice!
Loved your story.
Jen
Bryan? Chris? Holly? Matthew? or yes? Too funny!
Yes!
Post a Comment