A few months ago, one of our homeschool moms approached Taigen about our homeschooled church kids putting on a Fine Arts night at the church. Taigen told her to go ahead and run with it.Boy did she. Jane contacted everyone, set up a time and then managed the how to's of getting everything done decently and in order. If the kids wanted to submit art, they needed to have it in a frame with matting. She made up placards to place in front of each art piece so we could see the title of the piece, the materials used to create the art (crayons, pencil, clay, etc.), the artist and his/her age. Fancy Schmancy! If the kids were doing music or a recitation, they were to have it memorized and were required to state their piece and bow at the conclusion. I think it pushed our kids to excel at what they did since it was going to be a genuine recital. There were poems, duet acting and other recitations, and also lots of music that included piano, cello, viola, singing and violin.
The kids and I have been working through the Music 1 curriculum this year and I found a piece that would work well for them. They memorized a little introduction to the piece and all three verses of their song. One of Marshall and Shaylen's friends from church who is a Kindergartner this year asked if they would be willing to sing I Sing The Mighty Power of God (all verses) with her. They know that piece well and were excited to help her out so she wouldn't be all alone on the platform.
Taigen and I were so proud of Marshall and Shaylen's hard work. They did a fantastic job and sounded so sweet singing in their very first recital. I have video to upload, but at present, my computer and internet are rebelling. Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment