Monday, January 4, 2010

Continuing With Our Boat Theme

Today during the Phonics and English lesson, the focus was about ferries, yachts, warships, submarines, sailboats, etc. The teacher instructed Marshall and Shaylen to write about their favorite ship that they had seen pictures of during their introductory lesson.

Shaylen wrote about ferries. I love that her rotor blades are spinning, but clearly out of the water. I hope we're not planning on getting anywhere soon. She did do a great job. She loves composition.Marshall, being Marshall, decided to write about aircraft carriers, because, of course, it has airplanes on it. Surprised? What's funny is that he proceeded to draw passenger jets on the aircraft carrier. Not sure I would want to fly those friendly skies, but hey, at least the kid is predictable. AND, just so you know, he does own a miniature aircraft carrier and yes, his diecast airplanes land and take off from it. He knows it's not supposed to work like that, but he enjoys imagining it this way.

No comments: