This past Sunday, we had to send off a dear friend & quiet, godly leader at Heritage. Sonny is in the National Guard and his battalion (or whatever you call his group of soldiers...sorry) has been called to active duty in Afghanistan. He'll be leaving Wednesday and won't return for a whole year.We've promised him that we'll pray for him while he's away and help take care of his sweet wife and son that are still here. One of the things we did was take a picture of Sonny with the twins so that we can print it off and place it in our missionary notebook. While Sonny is not an official missionary to Afghanistan, he will no doubt have many opportunities to talk to his fellow soldiers. We'll be proud to have him as an ambassador from Heritage Baptist Church!
I cannot imagine having Taigen away for a year. What a sacrifice! If you think of it, as you're praying for our troops, would you mention Sonny too? We'll surely miss him and will eagerly await his safe return.
1 comment:
I don't know if I told you, but when I got back from NH I added Sonny's name to our prayer list of deployed soldiers. We have been praying for him every Wednesday night since then. So glad he got to come home for a short visit. Does he return for good in January or by Christmas? I think that is what Wendy told me.
Post a Comment