Janelle came down to on Thursday evening and spent the night so that I could get up and go in to church on Friday with Taigen and concentrate on going through all of the music files at the church.
I have been working through each file drawer s-l-o-w-l-y and pulling out every choir number, playing through it and rating it according to difficulty. This is what I mean:A= I can play it easily!
B= I can play it with minimal practice.
C=Whoa! I need to practice this thing lots in order to play it!
D= Never in this lifetime can I play it!
(Let me just say that there are arrangers that you learn quickly are way out of your league. Yikes! You groan when you see their name on it and don't even want to try.)
Thankfully our choir director is flexible and understands that he has a makeshift pianist at his disposal (I was music education with a voice proficiency...not piano). I wanted to finish going through all of the music so that we could have a good idea about which numbers we can sing for this upcoming choir "season" (Sept.-June).
On Monday I signed the kids up for P.E. at a local gym. They have a wonderful home school gym program that is fairly inexpensive. Several of our other home schooling moms do this so it will also be a wonderful opportunity to fellowship with them while our kids are playing. I'm excited. That starts in September.Janelle and I took the kids to the library and checked out 22 new books. They have pretty much completed all the requirements for the summer NH library reading program. We have read far more than what is required, but this delinquent mother has forgotten to write down all the books we've read. I better get on the ball and turn it in!
Taigen was also motivated to get some form of painting done on Monday and so he decided to tackle part of the kitchen. The kitchen was a light gray with leaves and grapevine painted on top of that. It didn't match any of my decor so we decided to paint over it. It didn't look terrible, but then, it didn't look great either. Here is the before:
The rest of the week Janelle has been here and we've enjoyed having her company. We ran some errands together on Tuesday one of which took us to Bed Bath and Beyond. We were looking for penguin art for the kids' bathroom when Shaylen came across these decorative circles. I had contemplated putting dots on Shaylen's wall in her room to add some color to her room and to bring in some pink from her curtains. I haven't found wallpaper that matches her shade of green!
4 comments:
Had a great week! :) I can't get over how nice the pink circles look on the green wall!
We're a bit disappointed with them in the fact that they come off in places when it's a humid day, but overall...for $7 it was a good deal. If we continue to have issues with them, I'll have to just paint pink circles or dots on the wall!
If you have any of that super sticky tape that Stampin up makes it work wonders for this type of project. I love the circles they are so awesome and you got a incredible deal. Once she gets older you don't have to worry about it being too childish for her room which is a great bonus.
Love the circles and dots! So cute! -space
Post a Comment