Ever since the kids were small enough to drink from a straw I have made them smoothies. I used to use the little processor that whipped up their baby food. It worked well, but it sure took a ton of time (and try squeezing a banana in that tiny compartment!). Not anymore! I can whip them up lickety-split. Smoothies are full of nothing but goodness (vanilla yogurt, a banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries and milk) and as you can see, Shaylen is still enjoying them thoroughly.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Smoothie Season
For Mother's Day, Taigen and the kids got me a blender. I had dropped some serious hints about wanting one for my birthday so I was pleasantly surprised to get it early.
Ever since the kids were small enough to drink from a straw I have made them smoothies. I used to use the little processor that whipped up their baby food. It worked well, but it sure took a ton of time (and try squeezing a banana in that tiny compartment!). Not anymore! I can whip them up lickety-split. Smoothies are full of nothing but goodness (vanilla yogurt, a banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries and milk) and as you can see, Shaylen is still enjoying them thoroughly.
Ever since the kids were small enough to drink from a straw I have made them smoothies. I used to use the little processor that whipped up their baby food. It worked well, but it sure took a ton of time (and try squeezing a banana in that tiny compartment!). Not anymore! I can whip them up lickety-split. Smoothies are full of nothing but goodness (vanilla yogurt, a banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries and milk) and as you can see, Shaylen is still enjoying them thoroughly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Should I tell the kids that they are DRINKING yogurt with chunks in it? haha! Trying making a peach smoothie and see what happens.
Well, they know that there are blueberries, bananas and strawberries in them, but for some reason, the SMALL chunks don't bother them.
However, the taste of peach yogurt disgusts me! No thanks. I'll pass on that one. They would probably like a peach smoothie...if I didn't tell them what it was. Hee hee
Yeah, I'm with you. The thought of peach yogurt or a peach smoothie makes me want to gag!
Smoothies are a big hit in our house too Crystal. Though we also freeze ours into ice pops!! I bet they would love those too. We eat those instead of the sugary popscicles the stores sell.
Tracey
Ooo...that's a good idea Tracey! What do you freeze them in?
Post a Comment