Thursday, June 19, 2008

What Are Grandparents For?

Mom has had a great time spoiling the kids. For example: I used to have two small baggies in a drawer in the kitchen. The baggies were full of special treats leftover from Valentine's Day and Easter! We had been s-l-o-w-l-y chipping away at the candy. I currently have a drawer FULL of goodies that will probably last us until NEXT summer when Mom comes out.

I mentioned in my previous post that Mom was wanting to find our birthday and Christmas gifts while she was here. She was hoping I would have ideas for the kids.

Two Christmases ago, Jason and Joni and Enzo gave them some umbrellas. They were shaped like a dolphin and a bee and were just adorable. Marshall and Shaylen literally loved them to pieces. We eventually had to throw them away. It was a sad day in the Joos house. Since then, they have been begging for new ones. I knew that Mom would rack up some major brownie points if she found them new ones.

Of course then we HAD to find some. We did online (and on sale) and the kids were able to open them up the other night. We even sang "Happy Birthday" to them so they would know this is for their birthday. They love them. Marshall's is a Curious George one and it even has George in an airplane! Shaylen's is a clown fish one and you can see through it.

You will not be surprised then when I tell you that the kids are hoping for more rain. We have had some rainy weather lately which makes it bad for sight-seeing, but perfect for two little munchkins.

No comments: