We just had some very special guests just drop by: a mom with her twins!
I love that our house borders on some woods. This means that deer are frequently dropping by. We don't always see them. Mostly you can hear them tromping through the leaves back there at night and see their shadows. OR, I see evidence in the morning that they were in my yard because the hostas have been eaten down to the ground. However, it is rare that we get to see a mama and her twin fawns!
I was sitting here updating the blog (yes, I know...long, long overdue!) and I heard something coming through the woods. I looked out to see the doe and one fawn. I quickly grabbed the camera and opened up the curtains on the side of the house to hopefully catch a picture of them from there. There were too many leaves so I quickly opened the front door to see where she was headed. I saw that she was going out onto our road. So, I ran out to the edge of our driveway in time to see her and her TWIN fawns. How exciting to see two fawns! She stopped and stared at me, as if she was posing. When I was all done snapping up photos, I just stood and stared back. Then, as if she knew I was done, she ran away, her twins in tow. It was a spectacular sight and I'm so thankful that I was able to get a couple of pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment